(Murraya paniculata), commonly called Orange Jessamine, Chinese box, Mock orange, Mock lime, Satinwood, Yuzana in Burmese (from Pali yojana), Lakeview Jasmine (mainly in Florida), and Nguyệt quế in Vietnamese language is a tropical, evergreen plant bearing small, white, scented flowers, which is grown as an ornamental tree or hedge. Murraya is closely related to Citrus.
very fragrant. leaves are oblong shape.
· Decoction of dried material (3 – 9 gms) or 0.3 – 0.9 gm of pulverized material by mouth with water: Used for gas pains. swelling pain due to sprain and contusions, rheumatic bone pain and poisonous snake bites.
· Poultice of fresh leaves used for swelling due ti sprain and contusions; poisonouse snake bites.
· Infusion of leaves used as tonic; also used for diarrhea and dysentery.
· Decoction of leaves also used as mouthwash for toothaches.
· Infusion of flowers tonic and stomachic.